Senior Design Program
FY2016-17 Senior Design Project Grants
NC Space Grant is soliciting proposals for projects that integrate NASA Mission Directorate research and/or technology into university senior engineering design courses. Proposals must clearly define how the senior design project contributes to current NASA research.
NC Space Grant anticipates supporting 3-6 senior design teams. The award available per student team is $3,000 (based on availability of funds). Funds can be used to purchase supplies and materials to support student senior engineering design projects. Equipment purchases and travel expenses are not allowed.
Each student group is required to submit a proposal that includes (refer to request for proposals for specific details):
- Detailed description of senior design project;
- Detailed description of how project directly supports and/or contributes to research in one (or more) NASA Mission Directorate; (http://www.nasa.gov/open/plan/mission- directorates.html)
- Team makeup (including name, gender, ethnicity and academic disciplines of each student; if unknown at time of proposal deadline, note how many students will be on team);
- Letter of support from faculty mentor(s);
- Full project budget and description with request not to exceed $3,000; a one to one cost- match is required. Funds are restricted to the purchase of supplies and materials for the senior design project.
Proposals will be accepted from teams at NCSG Affiliate universities. Only one Senior Design proposal will be accepted per PI to allow equitable distribution of funds across the consortium. Students must be enrolled in senior design courses, and begin design work sometime during the 2016-17 academic year (starting in either the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 semester).
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this project is November 15, 2016 to June 15, 2017 (7 months).
Proposals must be submitted via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28, 2016. Award announcements will be made n olater than November 10, 2016. Projects selected for funding will receive payments through the proposing institution's Office of Sponsored Projects.
For questions related to this solicitation, please contact Jobi Cook at (919) 515-5933 or email@example.com.
North Carolina Space Grant is a NASA