Senior Design Program
FY 2017-18 Senior Design Program - Proposals Due October 20, 2017
NC Space Grant is soliciting proposals for projects that integrate NASA Mission Directorate research and/or technology into university senior engineering design courses. Proposals must clearly define how the senior design project contributes to current NASA research.
NC Space Grant anticipates supporting 3-5 senior design teams. The award available per student team is $3,000 (based on availably of funds). Funds can be used to purchase supplies and materials to support student senior engineering design projects.
- Proposals will be accepted from faculty at NCSG Affiliate universities.
- Only one Senior Design proposal will be accepted per PI to allow equitable distribution of funds across the consortium
- Students must be enrolled in senior design courses, and begin design work during the 2017-18 academic year (starting in either the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 semester).
- Proposals will be accepted from teams at NCSG Affiliate universities. Only one Senior Design proposal will be accepted per PI to allow equitable distribution of funds across the consortium. Students must be enrolled in senior design courses, and begin design work sometime during the 2016-17 academic year (starting in either the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 semester).
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this project is November 30, 2017 to June 30, 2018 (7 months).
Expectations for Students
- Each student group is expected to keep NC Space Grant informed of their progress (this can include copies of written reports, and/or invitations to sit in on review meetings).
- A final report on the project is required at the conclusion of the project (electronic).
- NC Space Grant would like to receive pictures of your group members working on your project for use in reporting to NASA, newsletters, and other publicity.
- NC Space Grant is required by NASA to keep in touch with all awardees of significant programs at least until they receive their first job after receiving their highest degree. If you receive support through this program, expect to keep in touch with NC Space Grant for some time after the completion of your project (minimum info we'll need is an updated e- mail address so we can contact you if required).
- Proposals must be submitted as one PDF file.
- Proposals should be one-sided, single-spaced on standard 8 ½ x 11 paper, no smaller than 12 point font and with no less than one inch margins throughout. Text restrictions are inclusive of all illustrations, tables, charts, exhibits, etc.
- All pages must be numbered sequentially.
- Proposals must be submitted by the faculty advisor (PI) to email@example.com by October 20, 2017. Submissions must include university’s authorized signature.
Award announcements will be made by November 1, 2017. Projects selected for funding will receive a subaward through the PI institution's Office of Sponsored Projects.
For questions related to this solicitation, please contact Jobi Cook at (919) 515-5933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina Space Grant is a NASA