Student Team Competition Program
Proposals due December 31, 2013
FY2013-14 Team Competition Grants
NC Space Grant awards funding to undergraduate teams to help them participate in national competitions either sponsored or sanctioned by NASA or another STEM-related organization (NASA USLI, NASA Lunabotics, IEEE, Eco-Challenge, etc.). These competitions should be in the fields of science, engineering or mathematics, and complement the academic studies of the team members.
NC Space Grant will award up to four team competition grants of up to $5,000 (based on available funding). Funds can be used to purchase supplies and materials to support the team project, and/or cover registration and travel expenses.
Each team is required to complete a proposal that includes the following (refer to request for proposals for specific details):
- A letter of reference from the team's faculty mentor or advisor;
- A written description of the competition and team project;
- Full project budget and description with request not to exceed $5,000; a one to one cost-match is required.
- Proposals will be accepted from teams at NCSG Affiliate universities.
- Team members must be enrolled in an academic degree program at a NCSG Affiliate institution
- Please note: some competitions require that team members be full-time students and/or U.S. citizens. Applicants should review all competition or program requirements and make sure the entire team is eligible to participate before submitting this proposal.
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this project is January 15, 2014 to June 15, 2014. Due to the nature of the available funds, no-cost extensions WILL NOT BE GRANTED. No exceptions.
Expectations for Students
- Each student group is expected to keep NC Space Grant informed of their progress (this can include copies of written reports, and/or invitations to sit in on review meetings). NCSG should be given credit for sponsoring the activity in all printed materials.
- A final report on the team project is required (electronic).
- NC Space Grant would like to receive pictures of your group members working on your project for use in reporting to NASA, newsletters, and other publicity.
- NC Space Grant is required by NASA to keep in touch with all awardees of significant programs at least until they receive their first job after receiving their highest degree. If you receive support through this program, expect to keep in touch with NC Space Grant for some time after the completion of your project (minimum info we'll need is an updated e-mail address so we can contact you if required).
Proposals must be submitted via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2013. All documents must be submitted as one complete proposal package. Award announcements will be made by January 10, 2014. Projects selected for funding will receive payments through the proposing institution's Office of Sponsored Projects.
For questions related to this solicitation, please contact Jobi Cook at (919) 515-5933 or email@example.com.