Senior Design Program (CLOSED)
This prorgam is now closed.
FY2014-15 Senior Design Project Grants
NC Space Grant is soliciting proposals for projects that integrate NASA Mission Directorate research and/or technology into university senior engineering design courses. Proposals must clearly define how the senior design project contributes to current NASA research.
NC Space Grant anticipates supporting 3-6 senior design teams. The award available per student team is $2,000 (based on availability of funds). Funds can be used to purchase supplies and materials to support student senior engineering design projects. Equipment purchases and travel expenses are not allowed.
Each student group is required to submit a proposal that includes (refer to request for proposals for specific details):
- Detailed description of senior design project;
- Detailed description of how project directly supports and/or contributes to research in one (or more) NASA Mission Directorate; (http://www.nasa.gov/open/plan/mission- directorates.html)
- Team makeup (including name, gender, ethnicity and academic disciplines of each student; if unknown at time of proposal deadline, note how many students will be on team);
- Letter of support from faculty mentor(s);
- Full project budget and description with request not to exceed $2,000; a one to one cost- match is required. Funds are restricted to the purchase of supplies and materials for the senior design project.
Proposals will be accepted from teams at NCSG Affiliate universities. Students must be enrolled in senior design courses, and begin design work sometime during the 2014-15 academic year (starting in either the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 semester).
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this project is November 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015 (6 months). Due to the nature of the available funds, no-cost extensions WILL NOT BE GRANTED. No exceptions. FY14 marks the final year of NC Space Grant’s five-year funding cycle from NASA; as result, this solicitation is only available for project performance periods of six months. All funds MUST BE expended by April 1, 2015.
Proposals must be submitted via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2014. Award announcements will be made by October 15, 2014. Projects selected for funding will receive payments through the proposing institution's Office of Sponsored Projects.
For questions related to this solicitation, please contact Jobi Cook at (919) 515-5933 or email@example.com.