Senior Design Program
Proposals due December 31, 2013.
FY2013-14 Senior Design Project Grants
NC Space Grant is soliciting proposals for projects that integrate NASA Mission Directorate research and/or technology into university senior engineering design courses. Proposals must clearly define how the senior design project contributes to current NASA research.
NC Space Grant anticipates supporting six senior design teams. The maximum award available per student team is $2,000. Funds can be used to purchase supplies and materials to support student senior engineering design projects. Equipment purchases and travel expenses are not allowed.
Each student group is required to write a short abstract and project description that includes (refer to request for proposals for specific details):
- Detailed description of senior design project;
- Detailed description of how project directly supports and/or contributes to research in one (or more) NASA Mission Directorate; (http://www.nasa.gov/open/plan/mission- directorates.html)
- Team makeup (including name, gender, ethnicity and academic disciplines of each student; if unknown at time of proposal deadline, note how many students will be on team);
- Expertise of faculty mentor and other mentors;
- Full project budget and description with request not to exceed $2,000; a one to one cost- match is required. Funds are restricted to the purchase of supplies and materials for the senior design project.
Proposals will be accepted from teams at NCSG Affiliate universities. Students must be enrolled in senior design courses, and begin design work sometime during the 2013-14 academic year (starting in either the Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 semester).
Period of Performance
The period of performance for this project is January 15, 2014 to June 30, 2014. Due to the nature of the available funds, no-cost extensions WILL NOT BE GRANTED. No exceptions.
Proposals must be submitted via email in PDF format to email@example.com by December 31, 2013. Award announcements will be made by January 10, 2014. Projects selected for funding will receive payments through the proposing institution's Office of Sponsored Projects.
For questions related to this solicitation, please contact Jobi Cook at (919) 515-5933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.